Sunday, April 18, 2010

Love is nothing but a word

I don't understand how someone can claim to love them and then completely alienate them when they need them most. They have been together a little over a year and yet I am the one who is comforting her and trying to cheer her up. I am her rock right now. Though I will always be the one who holds her up it shouldn't be my burden to bear becasue she has someone who supposedly loves her and wants to marry her. I can only do so much to help her with out the help of her one and only. I just can't comprehend how he can say he loves her and then tell her he isn't sure if he will ever be able to hug or kiss her again. They are in this together, forever. Neither one did anything wrong. They were nothing but faithful and now he is pulling away from her in everything but title. You can't remain someones one and only and never touch them or have meaningful conversations. Lovers do not live together as strangers. I want to help her but there is nothing I can do while he refuses to face the problem. There are more ways to leave someone then actually leaving. Not touching them, or talking to them.
"I knew how weak you could grow from lack of attention, until you began to look at strangers while the person who was supposed to love you neglected you. Humans saw it as a weakness on the part of the cheater, but I knew through my first fiance that a person can leave a relationship in more ways then just walking away. You can leave your partner so bereft of attention that it's like not being in love at all"- Laurell K. Hamilton in Divine Misdemeanors

No comments:

Post a Comment