Monday, July 26, 2010

Sometimes I wish I was more honest


I have this friend who I was really close with in high school but we were gradually growing apart until I introduced her and her soon to be husband to my boyfriend. They all hit it off and my boyfriend and her husband are now bffs. I don't particularly like hanging out with them because they party all the time and I don't like being around that on a constant basis and it seems to be all they want to do.
A couple days ago I came home from work and my boyfriend seemed a little down and I asked him about it. He precedes to tell me that MY friend told him that I look down on him because I am the only one with a job and I have to pay for everything and that I treat him like a child. One, I don't look down on him I don't care that I am the bread winner or not. Seeing as I am in college I always expected to be the one making the most money. I don't care about that. Two, I don't look down on him or treat him like a child. Three, who the hell is she to tell my boyfriend that.
Then my boyfriend tells me not to be mad at her because she is sad we don't hang out or talk like we used too. I don't hand out with her because I don't want to party all the time, I have other things to focus on like work and school. I really don't want to hang out with her now. I feel like everyone always tries to come between me and my boyfriend.
Then today, my boyfriend went to court and got probation for 180 days. I told her husband and he was like that's not long until he can party again. Seeing as how you can't drink on probation and are subject to random drug tests. I was so pissed. They shouldn't sit around waiting for him to be free again, they should encourage him to stay clean forever. I really think they are bad examples to my boyfriend and I wish he would find friends who were a little more mature and grown up.

I really wish I could find away to tell these people off without them tattling to my boyfriend. They treat me like a child and talk bad about me behind my back but they are the immature ones who need to grow up and join the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment