Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I know more then you think I do


It is true. So many people confide in me or ask me for advice that most times I know both sides of the story. Most people have no clue that I know what is going on.

I could tell, but then I would be taking the secrets entrusted to me and setting them free. Which isn't right.

Part of me wishes I could tell everyone what was really going on. I feel bad that they are confused. I have the power to enlighten them.

But I can't.

I am like a therapist. I have doctor patient confidentiality. I can't betray one friend for another. Sometimes it sucks.

It is like having the power to save the world and not being able to use it.

I could end their suffering but in doing so I would cause another person pain.

In the end I will remain the neutral party. I know all and see all, but like the Oracle of Delphi I can not directly tell my truths. I can give only riddles and poems.

No comments:

Post a Comment