Thursday, June 3, 2010

My Eulogy


* I don't plan on dying any time soon. I have a list of 69 things to do before you get married one of which is too write your own eulogy.*

Stephanie Nicole Deal was many things. A daughter, a sister, a best friend, a fiance, a shoulder to cry on, an ear that was always there to listen, a writer, an artist, and so many other things that would create an endless list of parts that made her who she was.

Most people called her Stevie, named after the infamous Stevie Nicks, she shared many traits with her name sake. She was a rocker at heart but she liked all music no matter the genre or country of origin, for example she has a rather large collection of Indian Dance music, that she had no problem showing you how to dance too.

She was Wiccian and loved nature enough to be called a tree hugging hippie. She wouldn't litter and had a tendency to bring in stray animals giving or finding them a home. On a few occasions she put herself in danger trying to help animals that didn't really want her help. One dog even chased her from Dollar General to the Ordinary when she tried to see his collar to take him home, but that didn't stop her from approaching stray dogs.

She was a great friend and was always there for what ever her friends needed be it an ear to listen or a shoulder to cry on or some weird voodoo ritual that though blurred the lines between black and white magic she helped her friend out because that is just how she is. She would do anything to make those around her happy even if it made her unhappy.

She was kind, unless you hurt one of her own then she was a force to be reckoned with.

She loved many and only one stole her heart. Even when the world seemed against them she stood by his side and learned who her real friends were. She believed in herself and didn't let the opinions of others affect what she knew to be true in her heart.

She was a seeker of truth and knowledge and had a collection of random facts that she liked to share with everyone.

She was an avid reader, which was obvious to anyone who helped her move. She had more boxes of books then cloths, which is saying a lot for a girl.

She was a vegetarian and slightly a health nut, except when it came to chocolate and ice cream. and Taco Bell which she ate frequently sometimes twice a day.

She lived a great life and helped out everyone she met. Any one who knew her was blessed by her presence. She was the kind of person people strive to be like. Kind, caring and understanding, always there when you needed her. She was always there for the people in her life. She kept her troubles inside and rarely let people know how she was feeling.

She believed in the impossible. In magic, fairy tales, urban myths, paranormal creatures and happy ever afters. She believed that all people were good you just had to find it inside them. She believed that good would always prosper over evil. She was always optimistic, her glass always half full.

Stevie was an individual, she didn't conform to what people wanted her to be, she remained true to herself and was a fighter until the end.

This was her theme song. Sweet Silver Lining by Kate Voegel

Well I'm going home
Downhearted and hoping
I'm close to some new beginning
I know there's a reason for everything
That comes and goes

[Chorus]
But so many people are looking to me
To be strong and to fight
But I'm just surviving
And I may be weak but I'm not defeated
And I'll keep believing
In clouds with that sweet silver lining

[Verse 2]
Most days I try
My best to put on a brave face
But inside
My bones are cold and my heart breaks
But all the while
Something's keeping me safe and alive

[Chorus]
But so many people are looking to me
To be strong and to fight
But I'm just surviving
And I may be weak but I'm never defeated
And I'll keep believing
In clouds with that sweet silver lining

And I won't give up like this
I will be given strength
Now that I've found it
Nothing can take that away

[Chorus x2]

No comments:

Post a Comment